After a 3 year, Covid-shaped hiatus, Starry returned in 2023.
It meant the world to be reunited with our little community of curious, hilarious kids and their grown ups after so long – playing, learning, crafting and dancing, amongst rolling hills and under starry, starry skies.
A huge thank you to everybody who welcomed us back with open arms! Our Sustainability team have been busy crunching the data from last Summer’s event, to see how we got on against our environmental targets.
Together, we achieved an awful lot – such as:
- Our gorgeous Rocky Fold woods were impacted by ash die back during our time away – but with the help of our campers, we planted 200 trees during the event – to help regenerate the land and ecosystem!
- We cut out coffee cups! We followed in the footsteps of our big sister event, Shambala Festival, and removed disposable hot drink cups entirely – our campers all brought along their own, instead.
- Our on site generators used 100% bio-fuels only!
- We got stuck into measuring travel miles for both our audience and our crew and artists – to help us dream up clever, future alternatives to get us all there and back in a more sustainable fashion!
- 59% of the drinks served at our bars came from local suppliers (the majority of which was beer! Cheers!)
- We sent zero waste to landfill!
Delve into heaps more detail – and our sustainability plans for the future of Starry Village – by checking out the full report – here!
With love, Team Starry x